Every morning you wake up and get ready to go for work; and every morning you are faced with the tough decision whether to accessorize or not. You are always caught in a tiff between improvising on your dressing or maintaining uniformity.
These 10 quick tips will help you through:
1. Trim your nails and clean them well. For all the ladies, out there, choose a subtle nail paint colour rather than a bright and funky one.
2. If you choose to wear a tie or scarf, opt for one with neat repeating patterns or a traditionally striped tie in mute neutral colours.
3. Gentlemen should ensure that there is minimal amount of gel or oil in the hair.
4. If you need to colour your hair, choose natural colours.
5. Make sure your hair is manageable and you don’t spend time attending to it throughout the work hours.
6. Use a mild perfume/talc rather than a strong one. You never know if any colleague is allergic to strong scents.
7. Ladies are suggested to keep their make-up light and minimal. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help you get this right.
8. Gentlemen are advised to trim their beard well or opt for a clean-shaven look.
9. Classic black/brown shoes are no-brainers when it comes to choosing footwear for either gender. Please avoid canvas,sneakers,floaters or slippers of any kind.
10. Lastly coming to socks, don’t opt for a white pair, rather choose colours such as brown, black or blue. Also, ensure that the socks go up to mid calves so that when you sit your skin is not visible.
The way you carry yourself is very important in today’s corporate jungle. It can speak volumes for you. If you are dressed well, you feel confident about yourself. Your level of optimism increases and it gives you the strength to own up to the job tasks. This may not be the ultimate determiner but it can certainly affect your fate at an interview too.