“We all are brands, waiting to be known.”
All of us love the feeling of being important to someone. But importance comes from understanding our self- worth and confidently displaying ourselves at various platforms. Be it our selfies, or the words on our resume, it needs some classic filters to become ravishing. How bright your stars are when it comes to bagging your dream job, depends on your knowledge on how to shine your resume. Here are some vital filters that our resume experts swear by:
1. Keep it classy: No one likes to hit the like button on a boring picture. Expecting your employer to read a boring resume is a matter of complete injustice. Let your resume be your canvas, and paint it with the most beautiful strokes. Choose three contrasting tones that reflect your personality and use them in your headlines, fonts and borders aesthetically. For a premium resume polish, you can even consider a visual resume.
2. Hyperlinks: In the times, when you can click to watch almost everything, don’t let your employer follow some clumsy steps to read your work. Hyperlinks are easy to follow, look conventional and add a modern feel to your resumes.
3. Crisp: You should always add relevant points to your resume so it looks very to the point and enables your employer to have a clear look on what should receive his attention. Was this line verbose? That’s exactly how your employer feels when he reads four long pages filled with too much unnecessary information. Keep it crisp and clear, while fixing all the important information within 2 or less pages.
4. Info-graphics: Visual representation of graphics always stay on mind for a much longer time than resumes filled with words. It becomes very easy for the employer to process the comprehensive information, when it is in the form of info-graphics. Resume experts have always suggested to use visuals as they weave a strong and impactful story out of your resume.
5. Proofread: Not just the grammatical errors or typos, but a perfect sentence articulation also plays an important role in a resume polish. Read your resume at least 5 times, if at the 6th time you feel like it was worth a read, then your resume has passed all the above filters.
Now that you know , check whether your resume has that X factor to help you bag that lucrative job opportunity. If you want to up your resume game by many levels, but is confused with a variety of in the market, solve your dilemma with: checklist for choosing a professional resume writer